We are known (not just by ourselves) as the top locksmith in Fayetteville for good reason. Why? There are several reasons which spring to mine, among them being the fact that we are open 24-hours-a-day, we are affordable, and we have decade’s worth of experience to boot!
Another quality that sets us apart from other local locksmiths is that we go above and beyond the expectations of our customers. Whether you’ve locked yourself out of your car in the boonies or you are looking for a commercial locksmith who knows their way around a sophisticated security system (we’ll make sure we don’t trip the alarm for starters), we are the Fayetteville locksmith for you. So whether you’ve been searching for a “locksmith near me” on your smartphone or you made your way to this blog post because you have a vested interest in all things related to locks and keys — we don’t mind! The important thing is that you remember to give JC Manhattan Locksmiths a call the next time you are in a pinch and could use someone both affordable and reliable!
Interesting Facts About Locksmiths, Locks, & Keys
Now that we’ve reminded you about a few of the qualities we possess at JC Manhattan Locksmiths, we have a promised blog topic to get to! Keep in mind that some of the facts found below will be more practical and helpful than just plain fun. With that in mind, let’s get going.
- Locksmiths don’t like competition – In case you couldn’t tell by our assertions above, we are confident in our locksmithing abilities. There is an unfortunate trend that sometimes occurs when people get locked out of their home, business, or vehicle — and it’s not one that’s confined to Fayetteville alone. Almost every locksmith who has been in the business for a while will tell you that they’ve encountered a situation where their customer ended up calling multiple locksmiths for their single problem. As you can imagine, this can get pretty awkward. Our advice is to calm down and go with one (and only one) locksmith you can trust. 24/7, that’s us at JC Manhattan Locksmith.
- Locksmiths tend to have specialties that depend on their service area – This one isn’t too difficult to understand. If you have a locksmith that operates almost exclusively in a residential area, they are going to be much more proficient in unlocking houses and cars when compared with commercial locksmithing jobs. Conversely, those who operate in a business district will likely be more adept in gaining entry to businesses, given the sophisticated degree of technological knowledge it takes. At JC Manhattan Locksmith, we are an exception to this rule in the sense that we have considerable experience in automotive, residential, and commercial locksmith services.
- Locksmithing is one of the oldest professions we know of – Records of locksmiths doing what we do go back as far as 4,000 years ago in ancient Egypt and Babylon. Historians say that the technology originated in these Middle Eastern civilizations, eventually spreading to Rome, Greece, and then China.
- The oldest lock archaeologists have ever discovered is indeed 4,000 years old. It was dug up in the ruins of the Khorsabad Palace in Nineveh, the ancient Assyrian city.
- Who is the most famous locksmith of all time? It has to be Harry Houdini. Before the fame, before the illusions, Harry was an ordinary locksmith. We can only assume that his knowledge of lock and key contributed to the mystique of his performances.
- In Ancient Rome, women were the primary key keepers. Sometimes the rings were attached to hairpins, while other women are said to have worn rings with keys attached to them.
- Early locks were almost exclusively made out of wood, instead of metal. They were huge, too.
- In the early American years, most locks were used to safeguard particular possessions rather than entire buildings and homes.
- In the nascent years of the USA, most locks were imported from China, as the country lacked the means of production to meet demand.
- There are only six primary designs of lock that the vast majority of doors have. There are other kinds of locks, of course, but more often than not your door will have one of the six!
- Installing a deadbolt lock is easy to mess up. If they aren’t installed properly, they might not function correctly. This is why it’s necessary to have a professional locksmith install your deadbolt, rather than a general contractor.
Turn To Locksmiths You Can Trust
Did we end our list of locksmith facts too soon? Don’t worry! We’ll be back with part two in our next post, where we will continue to list interesting, fun, and practically beneficial facts about lock and key!
However, if there were only one fact you were to remember from today’s post, we’d prefer it had to do with how JC Manhattan Locksmith is the best locksmith in Fayetteville and beyond. If you are in need of an affordable, professional, and trustworthy locksmith, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’d love to hear from you and quickly get your issue solved! Get an instant quote today!